This page has moved to a new address.

Spaces I'm Loving: Part I

(BAD) Blog About Design: Spaces I'm Loving: Part I

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Spaces I'm Loving: Part I

http://polishedplum.blogspot.com/2010/02/polished-office.html
Why I Love This Space: I love this space because, of its bold design. 

For instance, the armchairs have the most beautiful form. The chairs red upholstery contrasted with its white legs, adds a kick to the space. The white desk contrasted with its yellow cabinets, adds a burst of happiness. Finally, the dark floors allow the light furniture to really pop! This space is simple, elegant, and has just the right amount of surprise. Why do you love this space?
http://www.markdsikes.com/tag/miles-redd/
Why I Love This Space: I love this space because, of its traditional elegance mixed with contemporary touches. I love this space because of its unique layout.

The orange upholstered King Louis chair is a traditional statement in any space, however, the simple coffee table is modern. These two contrasting styles work beautifully together. Finally, the way in which the room is laid out fascinates me. The built in seating to the right is not typically seen in Living Rooms. Why do you love this space?
http://plushemisphere.com/2011/11/blue-and-brown-bedroom-design-ideas/
Why I Love This Space: I love this space because, of its laid back comfort mixed with elegant touches.

This Bedroom feels like a space I'd want to come home to at the end of the day. It's elegant yet it does not feel stiff. The traditional fireplace brings an elegant edge to the space, while the casual bed dressings and wicker armchairs give one the feeling of being on the beach. I am not sure what material the round table to the left of the photograph is, however, it reminds me of cork; another laid back element to the space. Why do you love this space?

http://www.astylistslife.com/2010/06/nate-berkus-day.html
Why I Love This Space: I love this space because, of its 1960s-70s glamour.

If you have been reading (BAD) Blog About Design for some time you will have noticed my fascination with the 60s-70s. There is something amazing about this period in design, fashion, and culture. The black cabinet to the right of the photograph, and center coffee table are absolutely amazing. The simple touches of silver have the perfect amount of reflection to liven the space. The standing lamp next to the couch screams late 60s early 70s. The gold finish is so elegant next to the white sofa. Why do you love this space? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.



Labels:

4 Comments:

At February 22, 2012 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Dainté said...

Love this ! It looks amazing !
ⓈⓈ ⒻⒶⓈⒽⒾⓄⓃ ⓌⓄⓇⓁⒹ

 
At February 22, 2012 at 7:52 PM , Blogger Laura Trevey said...

The large round mirror is spectacular!!

 
At February 22, 2012 at 11:49 PM , Blogger Haus of Style said...

these are def. some amazing spaces! I love the 1st and 2nd photo with the high ceiling!

 
At February 23, 2012 at 4:41 AM , Blogger Franzi said...

i'm such a huuuge fan of interior design! you definitely post great photos, they're so inspiring for me!
you've got a new reader now. maybe you'd like to follow back? :)
XX

itsnotjustabag.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Each one of your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home