This page has moved to a new address.

Person Of Influence: René Magritte

(BAD) Blog About Design: Person Of Influence: René Magritte

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Person Of Influence: René Magritte

The Menaced Assassin
René Magritte was born in Belgium in 1898. Margritte's thought-provoking surrealist artwork became popular as it challenged observers perceptions of reality. (ABOVE) "The Menaced Assassin", is a great piece of art by Magritte. One of my biggest questions when looking at the piece is, who killed the women? With so many men standing around you really don't know. I assume it's either the man on the right with the net or the man on the left with the stick. (BELOW 1) The men falling from the sky in "Golconda", causes one to think about the meaning of reality. The building has little details and the men dressed in black, create a visually stimulating painting. (BELOW 2) I look at "Annunciation", as a building with multiple eyes watching. To me this painting says "buildings understand what is going on". (BELOW 3) I like the composition of The "Portrait of Stephy Langui". What are your thoughts about the painting? (BELOW 4) "Clear Ideas", is defiantly a thought provoking painting. I just keep thinking "what if" when I see this painting. (BELOW 4) "The Mysterious Barricades", is a cool piece. I wish there were trees that looked like this. I never thought about one big leaf with a stem resembling a tree, but in an odd way it makes sense. You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do

Golconda
1
Annunciation
2
Portrait of Stephy Langui
3
Clear Ideas
4
The Mysterious Barricades
5


Have You Entered the Necklush Giveaway?
Click Here To Enter

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 24, 2012 at 3:52 AM , Blogger Selma Selimovic said...

I really love art, so it is a pleasure to me to follow this blog, to read it and to see all the paintings together with your opinion.

- My favorite is Golconda, people behaving like rain :)
- Portrait of Stephy Langui, i like to proportions... it is also a little bit scary "someone is watching you"
- It would be great if we could have leaves instead trees, maybe it is modifiablewith genetic engineering? ;) Like tomatoes?!

 
At February 24, 2012 at 5:50 AM , Blogger Alex said...

Thank you for your comment. I really love the idea of your blog and that you write about art and design in such an informative way. Now you have a new reader :)

 

Post a Comment

Each one of your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home