This page has moved to a new address.

Guest Blogging: Design Darling

(BAD) Blog About Design: Guest Blogging: Design Darling

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Guest Blogging: Design Darling

Hi there! I'm Mackenzie from Design Darling and I'm excited to be guest posting for Brendan today. I've decided to share three of my favorite solutions for decorating the space above your mantel. I hope you enjoy!
This Blair Clarke-designed space featured in Lonny makes a stylish case for hanging a mirror over your mantel. This is a great option if you have natural light to reflect or a pretty view like a gallery wall opposite your fireplace.
I love this idea from Harriet Anstruther as featured in the New York Times. This would work with any oversized, vertically oriented piece of art but I'm determined to recreate this look with a favorite book cover. The Great Gatsby, perhaps?
This casual solution found here is perfect for a twenty-something's apartment. If you have to mount your television above the mantel, at least dress it up by flanking the screen with a pair of topiaries ;) I have tall boxwood topiaries in my boutique that would be perfect for achieving this look!
- - -
Thank you so much for having me, Brendan! How do all of you decorate your mantels? Be sure to come say hi at Design Darling!


Labels:

4 Comments:

At April 3, 2012 at 3:08 PM , Blogger ASH said...

I love your inspiration.

 
At April 3, 2012 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Leire said...

Thanks for your coment darling!!
love the first pic!!
http://fashionreallyrocks.blogspot.com.es/

 
At April 4, 2012 at 1:59 AM , Blogger Katharina said...

great blog, love it!and thank you so much for your comment!

xoxo

ketchembunnies.blogspot.com

 
At January 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Ordinette said...

wonderful solutions. I am head over heels about the bookcover painting. It would look perfect for a voracious reader's house.
Just became a member of your blog.
Laura

 

Post a Comment

Each one of your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home