This page has moved to a new address.

Spaces I'm Loving: Part VI

(BAD) Blog About Design: Spaces I'm Loving: Part VI

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Spaces I'm Loving: Part VI

© Oberto Gili
Why I Love This Space: I love that this space is filled with mixed-period furniture

This space is stylish, full of architectural character, and open. The mix in vintage, traditional, coastal, French, etc., furnishings gives the space so much depth and interest. Keep people guessing in your own home. Turn the corner end up in the 60s, look ahead and you're in the 1700s. Glamour is about depth. The two fuzzy looking armchairs in the first room look so comfortable, and they look so glamorous. The dark floors ground the space and the moldings add much detail. What do you love about this space? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.

© Joseph De Leo
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's pops of color

Color is the BEST way to give a space some much needed pizazz. I love the yellows, oranges, pinks, greens in this open space. It feels fresh and modern. With so many pops of color, minimal amounts of wall art is key. If you look at the inside part of the armrest, you'll notice a pop of stripe. Details are important in every space, so be sure to design with care. What do you love about this space? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.

http://www.elledecor.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's retro furniture and accessories as well as the scale

How fun is this entry hall? It feels like it belongs in a different era. When laying out accessories on a console table don't forget about scale. I love how designer Jean-Louis Deniot arranged the different pieces, he made sure to use both taller and shorter pieces. Having taller pieces towards the ends and shorter pieces towards the center is a good start. What do you love about this space? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.

http://http://lonnymag.com
Why I Love This Space: I love all the geometric shapes in this space

Plenty of geometric shapes in a space gives the space personality. No one wants to look at 90 degree angles all day long. This space featured in Lonny Magazine plays with geometric shapes the right way. It's important to not go overboard, especially in bedrooms. By using muted colors and reflective materials the space will feel open and fresh. I'm digging the two armchairs, aren't they great? What do you love about this space? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Each one of your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home