This page has moved to a new address.

Weekly Start Off: No 17

(BAD) Blog About Design: Weekly Start Off: No 17

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Weekly Start Off: No 17

http://pinterest.com
Happy Tuesday, May 14, 2013, readers! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. This weekend was pretty hectic for me, and as a result I needed to take Monday off to get myself together! Sometimes I just wish life would move at a more reasonable pace. I managed to escape Saturday evening to the movie theater with a few friends to watch the "The Great Gatsby". When I saw this photograph I couldn't help but to think about the movie. The classic 1920s stole wrap, circular sunglasses, and dress all have that Gatsby vibe.

1. So what did I think about the movie? Well, you need to have read the book to fully appreciate the movie. There are a lot of movies that reading the book is not really necessary, but Gatsby is definitely not it. Honestly, at two and a half hours long, the movie seemed to drag out for me. I liked the movie, but I didn't love it. I enjoyed the music in the film however, the music is all current, which gives the film a very updated feel. All I can say is Lana Del Ray "Young and Beautiful" Have you seen the movie yet? What did you think of it? 

2. 1920s fashion is definitely full of energy and life. If you're in the mood to give your closet some 20s flair than I have a few pieces for you. Shopbop, has a great collection of pieces, that are extremely influenced by the Art Deco movement of the period. Some of my favorite pieces include this Moyna clutch, I think it's so elegant and will give your outfit that added touch of vintage glamour. This Giles and Brother bracelet is totally worth it. It's made out of antique brass and features blue crystals. It's such a statement piece. It's epic. 

3. I was looking through W Magazine's website this weekend and came across this fashion spread featuring Tilda Swinton. All I can say is wow! I found the spread to be very different than what most fashion magazines produce. The spread has a very artistic, outside the box feel. Photographer Tim Walker was able to capture the beauty of Swinton as well as the uniqueness of the world around her. 


--Brendan

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Each one of your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home