This page has moved to a new address.

Buckingham Palace

(BAD) Blog About Design: Buckingham Palace

Monday, November 21, 2011

Buckingham Palace

http://walking.about.com/od/toursbritain/ig/London-Walks/buckingham-palace.htm

During the last few weeks I have had a slight obsession with Buckingham Palace. Despite the interior design of Buckingham Palace not being my style, I find it extremely elegant and the pride of the British Monarchy. I am not only fascinated by the opulent rooms within, but I am also fascinated with its history and architecture. Originally known as Buckingham House, Buckingham Palace was built in 1705 for the Duke of Buckingham by architects John Nash and Edward Blore. Until 1837, Buckingham Palace was not the official residence of the British Monarchs. (ABOVE) I love the gates in front of Buckingham Palace. They provide grandeur, elegance, and power. I would love to have gates like these in from of my house! (BELOW 1) The Victoria Memorial, sits in the center of a roundabout in front of Buckingham Palace. It was commissioned for Queen Victoria in 1911, who was the fist monarch to use the palace as the official residence. (BELOW 2) This aerial view of Buckingham Palace, shows the center courtyard, where guests are greeted and invited inside. 


http://suomenrefluksi.wordpress.com/2011/04/29/tampereen-plikka-7/
1. 

http://www.vickylifeofgirl.blogspot.com/
2. 



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Each one of your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home