This page has moved to a new address.

Spaces I'm Loving: Part III

(BAD) Blog About Design: Spaces I'm Loving: Part III

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spaces I'm Loving: Part III

http://www.lonnymag.com/decorate/living_rooms
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's eclectic mix of styles

The way the furniture is positioned adds to the space's eclectic feel. My favorite piece in this space is the Brutalist style sculpture that sits on top of the console table. The tiled stairs give the space a more Mediterranean touch, which contrasts with the Asian, modern, and contemporary pieces. What do you love about this space? 

http://www.architecturaldigest.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's traditional elegance with a modern touch

This space is full of beautiful traditional and modern pieces. The surrealist painting over the fireplace works beautifully with the ornately decorated sofa. What makes this mix of styles work in one space is the colors. The red moves from the painting to the chair, to the pillows, to the flowers. The blue moves from the painting to the chair to the sofa to the lamp shade. What do you love about this space? 

http://www.lonnymag.com/decorate/dining_spaces
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's Asian eclectic mix

The furnishings in this space are very elegant, laid back, and have a great Asian pop to them. What gives this space its laid back feel is the low seating, sofa and pillows. The deep green walls and wall murals give the space a natural earthy feel. What do you love about this space?

http://www.architecturaldigest.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's 60s style glamour

The Warren Planter furnishings are the perfect pieces for a 60s inspired space. The painting is my favorite piece in this space. Without the painting the space would not tie together. The shag rug is great because, it gives the space a dose of texture and feels great under your feet as the floors are stone. What do you love about this space?


Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 27, 2012 at 12:08 AM , Blogger genevieve said...

Those tiled stairs are AWESOME!! and that bottom room is so clean and crisp. Love the juxtaposition of the shag rug and hard floors - Great picks! Thanks for sharing :)

 
At April 27, 2012 at 6:52 AM , Blogger Oh Sunnie Day said...

I love the first space! I agree with genevieve the tiled stairs are amazing! My eye was drawn right to them

xx

jen

 

Post a Comment

Each one of your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home