This page has moved to a new address.

The Square Building

(BAD) Blog About Design: The Square Building

Friday, October 12, 2012

The Square Building

© Jose Campos
Designed by Pitagoras Arquitectos in Portugal, the International Centre for the Arts is commonly referred to as "the square". The structure is beautifully designed with 90 degree angles. As a kid I enjoyed designing structures using building blocks. This structure reminds me of the buildings I had created. It's simple, yet strong and interesting. (ABOVE) The front courtyard features modular seating. I love how the seating both looks and functions. (BELOW 1) At night the structure is beautifully lit up. The different colored lights give the structure different depths. (BELOW 2) The blue colored lights are my favorite. Against the blue sky, the structure has a softer look. (BELOW 3) A look at the whole side of the structure. I love the shiny appearance of the material during the day. What do you think of the structure? 

© Jose Campos
1

© Jose Campos
2

© Jose Campos
3

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Each one of your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home