This page has moved to a new address.

The City And The Storm

(BAD) Blog About Design: The City And The Storm

Monday, November 5, 2012

The City And The Storm

http://nymag.com
Living in the New York area I felt in full force the power of Hurricane Sandy, and all I can say is what a pain! Sunday evening was quite the adventure at my house, at around 9 o'clock in the evening I lost power, after a large oak tree fell on a power line by my house. The remainder of the evening I heard one tree fall after another. In the morning I woke up to five or so oak trees laying on neighbor's lawns and streets. Hurricane Sandy is probably one of the worst storms I've seen in the Northeast. What Hurricane Sandy did do was bring us together. It was so nice to see camaraderie between neighbors and strangers. On Friday morning I got my power back and am so happy to have a warm home and Wifi, to be able to get back to blogging! I'm blessed that my family and neighbors are safe and that we worked together! If you're interested in donating to the Hurricane Sandy relief effort, click here. (ABOVE) This is the newest New York Magazine cover. It shows the large power outage that downtown New York City faced as a result of the storm. It's amazing how mother nature can put a pause on the city that never sleeps. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Each one of your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home