This page has moved to a new address.

Space's I'm Loving: Part IX

(BAD) Blog About Design: Space's I'm Loving: Part IX

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Space's I'm Loving: Part IX

http://www.businessinsider.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's unique, vibrant, loud, exciting vintage furniture!

Designed by the one and only Jonathan Adler, this condo screams "Happy Chic". My eye is immediately drawn to the Pedro Friedeberg arm chairs. Who doesn't want to sit in a metal palm? The dark wood floors are perfect for this space. They reflect the furniture, it looks as if you're walking on glass. A translucent coffee table with a pleasant pink surprise. The coffee table reminded me of this clutch. If you're one that loves furniture pieces that make a splash in a space, painting the walls a soft white will tone down the intensity! You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.

http://www.architecturaldigest.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's floor to ceiling windows and how the outside views reflect the furniture and accessories.

A space like this screams vacation home! The home rests high above the Los Angeles sky line and has breathtaking views of the city and the tree tops. The interiors reflect this combination. Clean modern furniture represent the city views and different textures and wood furnishings represents the tree top views. Painting the space white was a brilliant idea. The floor to ceiling windows allows the trees to be the color in the space. The outdoors bleed into the space. You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.
   
http://www.architecturaldigest.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's dark turquoise cabinetry, and white stone backsplash and countertops.

This kitchen, simply put, has a great vibe. It's the contrast in color, light and dark, and shapes that make it stand out above the rest. Dark turquoise cabinetry in a Kitchen is a huge risk, but when done right the results are tremendous. A white stone backsplash and countertops, pop against the dark floors and cabinets. I can see this Kitchen in a home in the HamptonsYou can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.

http://www.milesredd.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's bright yellow door, and graphic pieces.

I'm sort of in love with yellow this week. Every post thus far this week has had some yellow in it. I guess I just hope spring is reading my blog and will let the sun start heating us up! Designer Miles Redd, designed this Bedroom that plays with elegance and what I'd like to call, fun chic. If you want to have some color in your space, but are scared about painting the whole space or a wall a bright color, then start by painting the doors. Doors are extremely easy to paint over and can make a big difference if painted a cool color. Throughout the space, in the graphic pieces, you'll notice yellow making subtle appearances. You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.



Labels:

1 Comments:

At February 21, 2013 at 3:20 AM , Anonymous Window blinds said...

wow.. Nice Photos.. Great thinking of creativity.. palm over the foot..

 

Post a Comment

Each one of your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home