This page has moved to a new address.

Weekly Start Off: No 10

(BAD) Blog About Design: Weekly Start Off: No 10

Monday, February 18, 2013

Weekly Start Off: No 10

Happy Monday, February 18, 2013 readers! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! For this week's "Weekly Start Off" post I decided to turn my focus towards spring fashion. As I've mentioned before, the dark gloomy colors of winter are getting to me, so to see bright spring outfits coming to fruition makes me grin from ear to ear. Street style is a great way to get a pulse of how looks from the runway translate to people's closets. The photographs below were taken during London spring 2013 fashion week. 
http://www.vogue.com
1. Neon has not left the scene quite yet. So don't be scared to recycle that neon top that you have in your closet from a few seasons back. A bright neon top keeps your outfit looking fresh and youthful. However, unless you want to look like an exploding light bulb, it's important to contrast with a darker color! The dark skirt gives the look an edgy, rock vibe and doesn't compete with the top. The shoes bring together the whole look and add a kick of red.

http://www.vogue.com
2. Don't be afraid of using lots of patterns. This look works, because all the stripes are going in the same direction. The snakeskin bag immediately grabs your attention. The contrasting colors and textures are a statement. To be honest, I would have rather seen her wearing a brighter snakeskin bag.  

http://www.vogue.com
3. I have a feeling that the zipper on these boots is supposed to look like a horses tail? However, I can't figure out what the main print on the boot is supposed to be? Is it the horses head? But then again what horse has upside down eyelashes? But then again, it's a pair of boots! Either way I find them to be quite the conversation starters. I love you Nicholas Kirkwood

http://www.vogue.com
 4. Are you looking at those sunglasses? Well I am! They're fun, sparkly, and oh so feminine. I feel like she's about do a Covergirl commercial, or maybe L'Oreal hair? The bag is that perfect deep blue color, it looks wonderful with a cream colored suit.  

http://www.vogue.com
5. Color blocking, color blocking, color blocking. If you were fan of it when it first came on the scene, then you can thank the fashion gods, cause it's not going anywhere. If you hated it in the beginning, then my apologies go out to you! I have feeling the bird likes it and is trying to make a run for it with the Louis Vuitton bag!  

--Brendan

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Each one of your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home