This page has moved to a new address.

Space's I'm Loving: Part XXI

(BAD) Blog About Design: Space's I'm Loving: Part XXI

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Space's I'm Loving: Part XXI

http://www.elledecor.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's stone and tile work, large mirrors, hardware, and overall design

Kelly Wearstler had a field day designing Cameron Diaz's apartment. Diaz's bathroom feels very much like a Wearstler design, however, it also plays to a more simple bathroom look (simple for Kelly Wearstler)! The stone and tile work is fantastic. The tile glistens, reflecting the light. The stone countertops, are a great contrast against the tile, brass fixtures, and finishes. The lacquered vanity is simple allowing the hardware to speak. I love the idea of exaggerating the hardware as a result the vanity looks like a sculpture. Do you like the space? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do. 

http://www.harpersbazaar.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's unique furniture, and accessories

This space is all about the dining table and chairs. The dining table and chairs grounds the space, and make a statement. The moments I saw this space my eyes went directly to the chairs. The chairs almost look like two toothpicks holding a seat. The accessories in the space are very minimal. A simple chandelier, a few cowhide area rugs and a modern painting bring a little character, but don't take away for the dining table and chairs. Do you like the space? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.  

http://www.elledecor.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's green cabinetry, brass backsplash, accessories and overall design

If you guessed that this space also belonged to Cameron Diaz, than you got it (you won no prize, though)! Kelly Wearstler's kitchen design is very unique, tasteful and glamorous! The green cabinetry definitely makes a statement, and is extremely unique. I love the risk. The brass backsplash is modern, and looks like liquid. I love how the brass continues into the hardware, and cabinet moldings. The light fixture is to die for! Do you like the space? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.

http://www.lonny.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's furnishings, and accessories

Sometimes a vignette is just as beautiful to look at as a fully designed space. The console table is low to the ground, almost looks like a coffee table, I really like this exaggeration in height. The accessories are the stars here. From Aladdin bowels, to gnomes, to a uniquely shaped vase with feather, to a great 70s Italian chandelier, the pieces in this space are out of the box and very imaginative. Is it me or does the mirror look like a protrudes from the wall? Do you like the space? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do. 

Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 11, 2013 at 3:22 PM , Anonymous Preciously Me said...

I love all those beautiful spaces!!! (Kelly Wearstler is THE BEST!)
The colorful console makes the difference, I understand what you mean when you say that sometimes a vignette is just as beautiful to look at as a fully designed space. It's so true!

 
At September 11, 2013 at 5:07 PM , Blogger B.A.D I Blog About Design said...

Hey There! Thanks for you comment. I'm so happy you enjoyed the post :)

 

Post a Comment

Each one of your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home