This page has moved to a new address.

Weekly Start Off: No 24

(BAD) Blog About Design: Weekly Start Off: No 24

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Weekly Start Off: No 24

http://www.flickr.com
Happy Tuesday, September 3, 2013, readers! I hope everyone had a fantastic Labor day weekend. Hold up, it's September, wtf!? As much as I look forward to Labor day I'm sort of wondering where my summer went. When I stepped outside my house yesterday, I saw leaves on the ground. Is this normal (lol)! Going to the supermarket I nearly had a heart attack when I saw pumpkins on display. I figured a photograph of the water crashing against the rocks would relax me a bit. Are you ready for fall? 

1. Check out these fore-edge paintings. Fore-edge paintings are basically paintings that are painted on the edge of a book. When the pages are fanned out the image is seen. This technique dates back to the 1600s, pretty cool!

2. Shopbop (love me some Shopbop) just published a collection of top sellers. Look hip and cool with what's going right now. I'm serious ladies, this Philip Lim satchel is an absolute must. It's elegant, modern, and will definitely make a statement for years to come!

3. I love these bronze hand sculptures from artist Bruce Nauman. The human hand is incredible. From sculptures to Pedro Friedeberg chairs, the hand is often used in art. 

--Brendan

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At September 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful photo!!! xo
Jamie
www.candystilettos.com

 
At September 3, 2013 at 1:43 PM , Blogger B.A.D I Blog About Design said...

Thanks for stopping by Jamie!

 
At September 3, 2013 at 1:43 PM , Blogger B.A.D I Blog About Design said...

Glad you enjoyed the post IIiyana :)

 
At September 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM , Blogger Orange You Classy said...

beautiful photo!!

http://oyouclassy.com

 
At September 4, 2013 at 7:16 AM , Blogger B.A.D I Blog About Design said...

Thanks Orange!

 

Post a Comment

Each one of your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home