This page has moved to a new address.

Wear That Space: Morocco Moderne

(BAD) Blog About Design: Wear That Space: Morocco Moderne

Friday, August 23, 2013

Wear That Space: Morocco Moderne

http://www.elledecor.com
Hello my fabulous readers! I'm so excited to introduce my new layout for my "Wear that Space" series. I decided that the previous layout needed a little upgrade. What do you think? On to the post--This living room was featured in Elle Decor and belongs to Sam and Caitlin Dowe-Sandes. The American couple are long time residents of Marrakech. When they were decorating their home in the city's Art Deco district they infused Moroccan, French, and contemporary into the space. I love how eclectic this space is. A pair of classic portraits next to original Moroccan tiles and a contemporary coffee table, how sweet! This space feels fresh and new. Anyone notice all the alcohol in the corner? My oh my! For the fashion picks, I was inspired by the different materials that are found throughout the space. Stone floors, metal objects, leather sofas, soft fabric blankets, and pillows. In addition, I was inspired by the different patterns found in the space. Moroccan design is all about patterns. You'll also notice some yellow pieces, inspired by the flowers and red pieces, inspired by the light fixture. Would you wear that space?
(1) Oscar de la Renta Pleated Printed Dress, (2) 3.1 Phillip Lim Embroidered Neoprene Jacket, (3) Illesteva Leonard Acetate Sunglasses, (4) Pamela Love Two Tone Mood Ring with Bronze Center, (5) Chan Luu Multi Stone Beaded Necklace, (6) McQ Alexander McQueen Skinny Leather Pants, (7) Alexander Wang Lovisa Snakeskin Pumps, (8) Nina Ricci Gathered Charmeuse Top, (9) Loeffler Randall The Hobo, (10) Ohne Titel Quilted High Booties, (11) J.Crew Glass Mix Earrings, (12) Opening Ceremony Suede Ace Satchel, (13) Joseph Jammy Wide Leg Trousers, (14) Michael Michael Kors Printed Satin Maxi Dress, (15) Equipment Slim Signature printed Silk Shirt, (16) J.Crew Scallop Trim Mini, (17) Anton Heunis Crystal Cluster Drop Necklace, (18) Balenciaga Claret Sunglasses, (19) Frye Shirley Boots with Riding Plate, (20) Lele Sadoughi Stone Round Bracelet
 

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At August 23, 2013 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Ana said...

amazing summary clothes

www.lessismoreblog.com

 
At August 23, 2013 at 5:30 PM , Blogger B.A.D I Blog About Design said...

Hey Ana! Thanks for the comment :) I don't want summer to end!

 
At August 26, 2013 at 8:45 AM , Blogger AJ said...

#9 & #20 are amazing! I'm going to go look at them now haha!

AJ | TheAJMinute

 
At August 26, 2013 at 10:11 AM , Blogger B.A.D I Blog About Design said...

I'm a huge fan of Lele Sadoughi at the moment :)

Thanks for both of your comments!

 

Post a Comment

Each one of your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home