This page has moved to a new address.

Moving In: Authentic Georgian Regency

(BAD) Blog About Design: Moving In: Authentic Georgian Regency

Monday, August 12, 2013

Moving In: Authentic Georgian Regency

http://www.sothebysrealty.com
Hey BAD readers! I decided to change up my "Moving In" series. The posts will now simply focus on architecture rather than on both architecture, design, and fashion. Here is a link to my previous "Moving In" post, let me know if you prefer this layout or the previous one in the comments below. Located in Georgia is this very fitting Georgian Regency style home. It would be a dream to live in such a beautiful piece of architecture. Surprisingly the home was built in the 1990s. The home looks far older, it could easily pass for a home built in the 1920s or 30s. The home was designed by John Oetgen and Harrison Design. With over 14,000 square feet of living space and 1.35 acres of property, it's a home that one can definitely grow into. (ABOVE) When you drive up to the home, you're immediately grabbed by its architecture. It's classic, and elegant. I love the use of hedges, and ivy growing on the facade. It softens the brick, makes the home blend into its surroundings. 

http://www.sothebysrealty.com
1
(1) How great is this front entry way? It's elegant, glamorous, very green, and simple. No crazy colors, unusual door, or imposing scones. Just classic glamour. The  green ivy on the front part of the steps is a great detail. 
http://www.sothebysrealty.com
2
(2) The back of the home is extremely private. Large hedges, and shrubs create privacy. It's literally your own little world back here. I love the extended terrace. The mansard roof atop the terrace, and curtains soften the home, makes the home more laid back. 
3
(3) A view from the back terrace looking out onto the property. The curtains bring that southern flair. 
4
(4) The pool is a classic rectangular shape. The slate deck works well with the architecture of the home. 
5
(5) I love this entertaining area. The red brick floors look cool against the brick house, it gives off a very American colonial look. I see myself curling up, reading a book in front of the outdoor fireplace. Of course I'd probably needed a vintage armchair, but hey! What do you think of the home? Would you move in?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At August 12, 2013 at 8:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website
yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?

Plz reply as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. thanks

my site; ข่าวดัง

 
At August 12, 2013 at 4:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I love the very old-world feel of this home- I can't believe it was constructed in the 1990's! We've just started looking at some real estate in Charleston SC, and a lot of the homes we've looked at or have leaned towards share a similar feel with this one. I wonder-- is the fact that this is not actually an older home make it more or less expensive?

 
At August 12, 2013 at 6:09 PM , Blogger B.A.D I Blog About Design said...

Hey Jess, thanks for commenting! I'd say that the fact that this home is newer would make it more expensive. Rooms are going to be larger typically, than an older home and everything is clean and updated.

 

Post a Comment

Each one of your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home