This page has moved to a new address.

Architect Of The Week: Antoni Gaudi

(BAD) Blog About Design: Architect Of The Week: Antoni Gaudi

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Architect Of The Week: Antoni Gaudi

http://www.firstpicture.net/wp-content/gallery/casa-mila/Casa-Mila-La-Pedrera-17.JPG


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/38/Casa_Batllo.jpg
Born in 1852, Antoni Gaudi is well known for Catalan Modernism. Architect of the Sagrada Familia, Casa Mila, Casa Batllo, Park Guell and Colonia Guell, Gaudi has inspired the world with his numerous buildings and projects. Gaudi’s work was significantly influenced by his love of architecture, nature, religion and his birthplace Catalonia, Spain. Gaudi’s work has a very great sense of fantasy, which I adore. His work looks like something from a children’s book. Each time I look at one of his buildings I find a unique detail that I had not spotted before. The Casa Mila building is one of my favorites of his work. The unique guard rail of the balcony almost looks like chocolate. In addition, the roof’s wavy form allows rain water to slide off. Gaudi is such a perfect example of form follows function. In the future, I hope another architect can pay homage to his work. 







Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Each one of your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home