This page has moved to a new address.

Space's I'm Loving: Part XII

(BAD) Blog About Design: Space's I'm Loving: Part XII

Friday, April 19, 2013

Space's I'm Loving: Part XII

http://www.michaelhamptondesign.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's monochromatic color theme and simple elegant pieces

Sometimes a space with a monochromatic color theme and simple elegant pieces makes more of an impact on a person than an elaborate, colorful space. This space designed by Michael Hampton, has a fresh, relaxing, yet stylish feel. The chaise lounge chair, keeps the space open. Without having a back, the space appears larger. The walls are done in a cool parquet type design. Do you like such a simple space? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do. 

http://www.architecturaldigest.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's unique furnishings, and proportions

This space has a relaxed, put together look. It feels designed, but not overly designed. The sofa is hands down one of the statement furnishings in the space. The sofa brings a dimension of color, and a striking form into this townhouse. I love the brass standing lamp, table lamps, as well as the case piece under the windows. They all have a unique shape and look. The furnishings all have a different height. The coffee table is rather low, while the table lamps are quite tall. This mix really works. What do you think of the space? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do. 

http://blog.vogueliving.com.au/
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's mix of classic art and laid back furnishings

I'm a huge sucker for classic art. Yes I love my vintage 60s/70s furniture, but I love to pair classic art with them. In this space, brilliant classical portraits are paired with very unassuming laid back furnishings. That difference in style makes the space far more visually interesting. When you're styling a look you never match your shoes with your bag. In design, why should one have to match classic art with classic furniture or modern art with modern furniture? What do you think of the space? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.

http://www.lonny.com
Why I Love This Space: I love that bathroom is fully mirrored

Who says you can't have a mirrored bathroom? Hey, at least it makes sharing the bathroom in the morning far less stressful. I love this bathroom featured in Lonny Magazine. The bathroom is fully mirrored, it sort of reminds me of the "What Not To Wear" 360 mirror. The space feels open and bright. If you look at the hanging mirror over the sink, you'll spot a vintage photograph behind it, pretty cool detail. What do you think of the space? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Each one of your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home