This page has moved to a new address.

Spaces I'm Loving: Part XV

(BAD) Blog About Design: Spaces I'm Loving: Part XV

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Spaces I'm Loving: Part XV

http://en.paperblog.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's country meets eclectic 1960s flair

Believe it or not, but this space is actually meant to channel a bit of a country flair. Nuno Benito decided when designing his Portuguese country home that it would reflect a more modern feel. This home is his vision of the "new country" design. The bright pops of color look so beautiful against the grays and beige's found throughout the space. Couldn't you just picture yourself hanging out in this Living Room looking at both the space and that view? Do you like the space? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.

http://www.elledecor.com
 Why I Love This Space: I love this space's classic, linear design

This foyer has a very streamlined, linear design. Everything, from the table, wall panels, moldings, mirror, chair is very straight and clean. No crazy shapes can be found here! Sometimes, a space that screams simplicity and linear angles can make as much of a statement as a space that has many shapes and angles. In my opinion, the table is the standout piece of the space. It sets the tone. When I saw the top of the table and scrolled down to see the legs I was totally surprised. They have a different feel than the table does. I also love the area rug. It brings a lightness and freshness into the space. Do you like the space? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.

http://www.elledecor.com
 Why I Love This Space: I love this space's unique setup 

Who says a bathroom can't have a fireplace, wood floors, and lots of legroom? This gorgeous bathroom feels rather like a bedroom than a bathroom, and that's what makes it so special. While you're relaxing in the bathtub after a long day at work, you can light a fire and dream away. The fireplace is dark stained and has a modern, clean look. I really like the hardware in the space. The chrome bathtub faucet, is a nice touch. Do you like the space? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.

http://en.paperblog.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's vintage pieces, wild patterns, and Wearstler flavor 

How can I post a "Spaces I'm Loving" and not feature a Wearstler space? It's virtually impossible. Even though this space was designed by Wearstler, it had a different feel to it than other Wearstler spaces. Instead of using very 1970s inspired furniture, Wearstler opted for more classic pieces. She added her flavor in the rug, and accessories. The vaulted ceiling is done in black stained wood. I find this to be such a bold design move and I love the Wearstler took it. It makes the space feel cool and hip. Do you like the space? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Each one of your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home