This page has moved to a new address.

Space's I'm Loving: Part XVII

(BAD) Blog About Design: Space's I'm Loving: Part XVII

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Space's I'm Loving: Part XVII

http://www.elledecor.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's open layout, modern design, and unique furnishings

I'd have to say this is one of the most beautiful beach house kitchens I've seen. What I like about this kitchen is the open layout. A beach home should feel open, and allow for unobstructed views of the outdoors. The kitchen features several different seating arrangements for added functionality. I spend most of my time entertaining in the kitchen, so this design would be the right fit for me. The modern furniture keeps things looking clean. I live the mix in woods, and stones. The two hand bar stools are the focal point of the bar. I'm not the biggest fan of the lighting, it needs more of a pop. Do you like the space? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.

http://www.mariallado.com/
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's mix in furnishings

This space is the definition of eclectic design. The space features pieces from all different periods. When you have a space that has so many different styles the walls should be painted white. You don't want the space to feel too busy or the design to conflict. One piece that I'm not a fan of is the square pedestal to the left. As the bottom of the pedestal the paint is beginning to peel off. It detracts from the space, and makes it appear dirty. I also would have liked to have seen the brown armchair to the left being reupholstered and painted at the bottom. Do you like the space? What would you change or improve? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.

http://interiorsbyolatz.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's bedding and area rug, and the idea of painting the space one color

Aside from the headboard, the bedding is the focal point of the space. It's bright, features a strong graphic pattern, and ties the different colors found in the space together. What I like about the bedding is that it brings a Moroccan flair into the space. The area rug is wonderful. I love all the different shapes, and prints. Painting a space one color sets a base for space's that want color, but also want to feature bolder pieces. Do you like the space? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.

http://www.lonny.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's modern design, area rug, and darker floors

Not having upper cabinets is something that is becoming more and more popular in contemporary homes. By not having upper cabinets, one eliminates clutter, and the space opens up. The area rug brings some much need color and texture into the space and softens the modern look of the kitchen. Because the walls and most of the pieces are white, a darker floor really makes a statement. It also makes the cabinetry stand out. If the floors were stained a lighter color, the white cabinets would not be such a focus. Do you see yourself cooking here? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Each one of your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home