This page has moved to a new address.

Weekly Start Off: No 1

(BAD) Blog About Design: Weekly Start Off: No 1

Monday, December 3, 2012

Weekly Start Off: No 1

http://media.cmgdigital.com
Happy Monday, December 3, 2012 readers! Over the past several months I've received emails from many of you asking me to start a new series where I took a break from writing about architecture, design, or fashion and wrote about different things happening at BAD and stuff I'm doing, and interested in. Well, here is my new series "Weekly Start Off", each Monday I hope to discuss different links I'm checking out, places I'm going, and stuff I'm buying. I want to get to know each of my fabulous readers on a more personable level and I hope this will allow me to do so. 

1. Can you believe that we are already beginning the first week of December? I feel like November just flew on by and now I have to worry about getting ready for the holiday's. Seeing the Rockefeller Christmas Tree, puts me in the holiday spirt. There is something about the tree that causes me get all excited and tingly! I can't tell if its the shear size of it or simply the bright colors. All I know is once the tree is lit, I better start getting the decorations out. 

2. Speaking of decorations, I found this cute tree ornament from Bergdorf Goodman. My grandmother has a phenomenal collection of ornaments that she has been collecting for years. I'm kind of jealous, so I started my own little collection and each year I like adding a few to it. 

3. I found this cute Christmas table and pinned it to my Pinterest. I love decorating the table--any table during the holidays. It's so much fun to whip out the fancy china, vases, and bowls and style the table with flowers. A well designed table makes any space look finished. 

4. Go on any design, fashion website and you'll be overwhelmed with the amount of gift guides you can find. I found this great cardigan from Kelly Wearstler's "Fetish of Form" gift guide. It looks so warm and fluffy and has that great Wearstler flair! 

5. This week I'm getting my copy of "Rhapsody" by Kelly Wearstler. It's Wearstler fourth design book and I've had the chance to skim through it and was very impressed. The book is divided by chapters, where each chapter focus's on a specific design topic such as "Curated Compositions". Each topic has a short story and inspirational pictures. It's well laid out and a great read for any design lover. 

--Brendan

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At December 3, 2012 at 1:41 PM , Anonymous diane said...

fun series!

 

Post a Comment

Each one of your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home