This page has moved to a new address.

Space's I'm Loving: Part VIII

(BAD) Blog About Design: Space's I'm Loving: Part VIII

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Space's I'm Loving: Part VIII

http://www.architecturaldigest.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's zig zag black and white floors and vintage furniture.

This space designed by Kelly Wearstler is absolutely fabulous! With so much eye candy, my brain is on overdrive. I love the floors! This zig zag pattern is such a bold statement and totally works in this space. The pattern works in this space because, the rest of the space does not have bold graphic patterns or loud colors. The floors have their own voice and are not competing. The vintage furniture is beautiful. My favorite pieces are the sofas, and the ceiling fixture. Which do you prefer, the floors or the furniture? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.

http://www.elledecor.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's wall to wall windows and doors.

This space is extremely elegant and modern. The windows are the focal point of the space. They bring in an abundance of natural light and some of the outdoor greenery into the space. There are three doors, which when opened up will give the space a great breeze. Windows like this would look great in any home. Do you love the windows and doors? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do.  

http://www.nateberkus.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's mix of rustic and modern touches.

Designed by Nate Berkus, this space has two very opposite styles. The first being modern and the second being rustic. For example, the table and accessories are rustic, and the painting, chairs, and apartment itself are modern. What makes this space work is the colors used. The green modern chairs work with the rustic table, because both are in the earth tone color family. Don't be afraid of mixing two completely opposite styles in your home. Just be sure to use pieces that are in the same color family to unify the space. What do you think of the space? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do. 

http://www.architecturaldigest.com
Why I Love This Space: I love this space's wood walls.

The cream wood walls are the highlight of the space. They bring together all the furniture and give the space a warm and inviting feel. This space is sort of modern with a mountain feel. However, such walls would also work in a vintage space, similar to those designed by Kelly Wearstler. Do you love the walls? You can add as little or as much to your space as you want. Don't follow rules, just do. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Each one of your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home